Shared role across Solent Infant School and Solent Junior School
Closing Date: 12 noon on Friday 30 November 2018
Interview Date(s): to be advised
Job Start Date: 1 st January 2019
Salary: Pay Band 7
Contract: Permanent, Term-time plus 1 week
Hours of Work: 22.5 hours per week 8.15am – 4.15pm (3 days tbc)
We are looking to appoint a very well-organised, enthusiastic and cheerful person, who genuinely enjoys working as part of a team. You will need to be self-motivated with excellent communication skills, high levels of initiative and a natural desire to provide excellent customer service.
You will be responsible for organising and managing the day to day administrative functions in our busy school office working alongside the admin team.
Experience of working in a school office is desirable though not essential. The successful candidate will have had significant administrative experience together with a high level of IT competence including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Your main duties will include:-
- Providing friendly and efficient support to our pupils, parents, staff and governors
- Ensuring high standards of written and verbal communication with our parents
- Maintaining accurate pupil records on school IT systems (ie. SIMS)
- Ensuring the management and effective use of office systems
- Monitoring and reporting on pupil attendance
- Managing School trips
- Managing pupil admissions and transfers
- Demonstrating a thorough understanding of confidentiality, safeguarding and Health & Safety
- Safeguarding administration
- Pupil Attendance
In return we will offer:-
- A supportive, friendly and welcoming school team
- Superb working conditions and environment
- Exceptionally well behaved children
- A genuine commitment to your ongoing professional development
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Disclosure and Barring Service checks at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment.