JOB TITLE: Midday Assistant
REPORTS TO: Midday Supervisor
GRADE: Pay band 1
SUPERVISES: Not Applicable
To implement the School Lunchtime and Behaviour policies, ensuring the security, safety, welfare and good
conduct of pupils during the midday break.
• To actively promote the School’s Equal Opportunities Policy and observe the standard of conduct which prevents discrimination taking place
• To maintain awareness of and commitment to the School’s Equal Opportunity Policies in relation to both employment and service delivery
• To fully comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 etc, the School’s Health and Safety Policy and all
locally agreed safe methods of work
• At the discretion of the Head Teacher, such other activities as may from time to time be agreed consistent with the nature of the job described above
• To work with colleagues to achieve service plan objectives and targets
• To participate in Employee Development schemes and Performance Management and contribute to the identification of own team development needs
• To supervise pupils in the dining hall (including supervising pupils collect, eat and clear away their meals),
playground, field area and school premises.
• To ensure the care of pupils who are injured or unwell.
• Ensure that pupils play together positively and co-operatively with good behaviour.
• Giving comfort to distressed pupils.
• To uphold the School’s Behaviour Policy, including treating pupils with respect and consideration.
• To supervise physical activities for pupils in playground areas.
• To work with, and support, the kitchen staff to ensure a smooth and professional midday service is
At the discretion of the Midday Supervisor, such other activities as may be agreed consistent with the nature of the job described above.