Closing Date: Noon Friday 27th September 2019
Interview Date(s): Thursday 3rd October 2019
Job Start Date: Flexible but no later than Monday 4th November 2019
Salary: Pay Band 6, £21,256 - £24,799 Full Time Equivalent
Contract: Permanent, 52 weeks, Full Time
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week 4 days 07.00-16.00 and 1 day 07.00-12.00 (flexible which day) + overtime as required
We are looking for a well organised, self-motivated person with a range of practical skills to join our friendly and approachable staff team. Both experienced and new to role would be welcome to apply given relevant skills. The Site Manager will be responsible for the day to day operational management, safety and security of the school site. Accurate record keeping is also a key part of this role and experience of this is essential.
The successful candidate will:-
• Manage the Solent school sites, grounds and buildings
• Take responsibility for security and be a key holder
• Line manage the caretakers ensuring workloads are prioritised effectively
• Maintain accurate paperwork
• Arrange and supervise contractors on site, including contract cleaners
• Undertake a range of repairs, maintenance and decoration which may include working at height
• Be flexible to meet the needs of the school and support out of school events.
• Ensure that the highest standards of Health and Safety are maintained including undertaking regular training to ensure compliance with current legislation
• Know how to assess risk and write site related risk assessments
• Work with the school bursars and other senior leaders to ensure best value for money with respect to projects, repairs and supplies
• Be required to drive the school minibus transporting children to and from trips. Experience is desirable although full training can be provided
• Enjoy working in a child-centred environment and will take pride in all aspects of their work to ensure our school buildings and grounds are maintained to a high standard
• Ensure that a high level of confidentiality and professionalism is maintained
In return we will offer:-
• A caring and positive environment inspired by our strong ethos
• A team committed to the wellbeing of staff and pupils
• The opportunity to work within a ‘good’ school amongst a hardworking team of friendly staff
• A supportive, friendly and welcoming school team
• Superb working conditions and environment
• Appropriate training as required
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact Tracy Dinsmore at Solent Junior School on 02392 375459 to arrange an appointment time.
The Solent Schools and the De Curci Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS check at Enhanced level and any other background checks, including overseas checks, will be required prior to any offer of employment.